Q. 35.0( 2 Votes )
Inbreeding is car
• Inbreeding is defined as the mating of more closely related individual within the same breed for 4-5 generation.
• Individuals produced by inbreeding are exactly similar to their parents and hence are considered as purelines.
• Homozygosity is referred to as condition in which the animal has identical alleles in a pair.
• Inbreeding results in transfer of same alleles generation to generation, hence, causing homozygosity.
• Inbreeding results in the production of purelines, thus there is no chances of increased vigour.
• Same alleles throughout many generations also do not guarantee improved breed.
• Same alleles are passed in inbreeding so heterozygosity does not increase.
• Inbreeding produces pureline, hence increasing homozygosity.
Hence, Inbreeding is carried out in animal husbandry because it increases homozygosity.
Rate this question :