Q. 64.0( 201 Votes )
In what ways did
Following are the ways in which the Nazi state tried to establish total control over its people:
● On March 3, 1933, the famous Enabling Act was passed. It gave Hitler all the powers to sideline Parliament and rule by decree. All political parties and trade unions were banned except for the Nazi party and its affiliates.
● Super surveillance and security forces were created to control and order society in ways that the Nazis wanted.
● Apart from already existing regular police in green uniform and the SA or the Storm Troopers, some new forces were included: the Gestapo, the SS, criminal police and the Security Service. It was the extra-constitutional powers of these newly organized forces that gave the Nazi state its reputation as the most dreaded criminal state. The police forces acquired powers to rule with impunity.
● The Nazi party used the media carefully to win the support for the regime and popularize its worldview. Nazi ideas were spread through visual images, films, radios, posters, catchy slogans and leaflets.
● The Nazis made equal efforts to appeal to different sections of the population. They sought to win their support by suggesting that the Nazis alone could solve all their problems.
Rate this question :
In what ways didNCERT History - India and the Contemporary World-I