Q. 194.3( 3 Votes )
In what way did print culture affect the reformers? Explain with examples.
1. At the end of the 20th century (1920) many newspapers were published apart from James Augustus Hickey’s Bengal Gazette.
2. These newspapers contained articles of many nationalist leaders who moved and inspired the population of India.
3. All the diverse communities of India got connected through the print media, thus the print carried people and their identity from one place to another creating pan-Indian identities.
4. The views of reformers like Gangadhar Tilak and Raja Ram Mohan Roy were now read by public.
5. The newspapers highlighted the misrule and the cruelties of the British rule.
6. The newspaper wrote in different languages so people from all the regions in India could understand. This led to the awareness regarding the British Rule, and resulted in widespread movement in India in 1857.
Rate this question :
What is lithography?Together With Social Science
What is the difference between manuscripts and novels?Full Marks - Social Science
Which factors caused the diversification of the printing system in China?All In One - History
Who introduced the hand printing technology in Japan?All In One - History
Name the religion reformer who was responsible for the Protestant Reformation.All In One - History
Explain how print culture affected women in the 19th century in India.All In One - History
How did a new reading culture bloom in China?All In One - History