Technological development led to the revolutionary changes in global communities. For example – through various means such as telephones (landlines and mobiles), fax machines, digital and cable television, electronic mail and the internet we are easily linked or connected to the outside world. Such changes helped to reduce the amount of time and space. People who are in different countries could easily connect and talk and even send files or documents with the help of satellite technology.
Different ways through which advertisement in technology led to revolutionary changes in global communities is as follows:
• How people came to know about the emergence of PCO or Public call office, it was through advertisement. PCO is a telephone facility from where any individual could make a call. These advertisements showed mothers talking to their sons and daughters, or grandparents talking to grandchildren. Such invention facilitated to improve the family ties and at the same time advertisement helped to spread this information to the people who were not aware of it.
• Advertisements or media helps to promote those culture where spending is important. For example - shopping malls, multiplex cinema halls, amusement parks and ‘water world’ in every major city in India is an important center where the individual has to spend and advertisement is the way to promote this.
• It is through the advertisement that people know about the upcoming and new mobile phones. This leads to an increase in the purchase of mobile phones and thus causing, increase in the manufacturing of mobile phones in demand.
• Also, through advertisements, sensational features carrying news was promoted in villages and small towns.
• To promote the products or in the want of sponsorship people make use of the medium of advertisement.
• People also get to know about the information of the new job opportunities, indirectly contributing to the global economy or community. For example – jobs in BPO or MNCs.
Rate this question :
Give examples ofSociology - Board Papers
In what way adverSociology - Board Papers
The effects of glSociology - Board Papers
How do people finSociology - Board Papers
Briefly disNCERT - Social Change and Development in India
What is gloNCERT - Social Change and Development in India
Choose anyNCERT - Social Change and Development in India