The life in the Polar Regions is very much different from the life in plains and coastal areas and perhaps greatly varies from region to region.
Following are the aspects which differ with respect to the various subheadings mentioned in the chapter.
1. Seasons – The climate is not extreme at all as compared to the Tundra Region. Added to this, there are days and nights for the entire 365 days.
2. Vegetation – Different types of vegetation available
3. Group life and social being – Different types of festivals celebrated within the groups and communities every year.
4. Hunting and Fishing – Agricultural and other activities are much more common due to the availability of large fields and soil.
5. Food – Every region has speciality in foods which vary across the country and within regions itself.
6. Shelter –The material used to make houses (in case of polar regions- animal skin) is very much different as the climatic conditions are vastly different.
7. Clothing and crafts – Every region has its own traditional ways of dressing and crafts.
8. Decorative objects – Decoration and decorative materials are extremely unique to each region.
9. Religious beliefs – Religion is very wide aspect has its own practices and beliefs among various communities.
10. Recreation – Games and sports as well as festivities are very much centred on different aspects of life and community feeling.
Students can illustrate over the above points through comparative analysis of their respective regions with the Polar Region.
Rate this question :
How do the peopleAP - Social Studies
Try to recall whaAP - Social Studies
Mention five poinAP - Social Studies
Why do you thinkAP - Social Studies
Re-write the falsAP - Social Studies
Which continent fAP - Social Studies
Fill in the blankAP - Social Studies
What are the waysAP - Social Studies
In this chapter tAP - Social Studies
Imagine one entirAP - Social Studies