Q. 235.0( 1 Vote )
In our country wo
In India, the women were treated inferior to the men. Being a patriarchal society, the men showed their dominance over women.
1. Women are less literate compared to men. Literate men are 76% whereas literate women are 54%.
2. A smaller number of girls go to higher secondary.
3. Women are paid small at work compared to men. There are lesser jobs that pay highly to the women.
4. The sex ratio of girls is also low because there are many families in rural and urban who prefer a son over a daughter.
5. Women who work equally at jobs as men are paid less.
The government has also taken steps to bring down this disparity:
1. The equal remuneration act, it states that the men and women should be equally paid to equal work.
2. Compulsory school education up to the age of 14.
Rate this question :
Describe any threSocial Science - Board Papers