Given below is the diagram of the interior of the earth which shows different layers inside the earth:
Structure of the earth:
1. The earth is believed to have a solid inner core made mostly of iron and nickel.
2. The diameter of the core is estimated to be 7000 km compared with a 12,700 km diameter of the entire planet.
3. The crust is only a few tens of kilometers thick.
4. The region between the core and the crust is called the mantle. It is composed mainly of solid materials of the earth.
5. The upper part of the crust and the mantle together are called lithosphere.
• One would experience a high pressure which is at the center of the earth and extremely high because of all of the weight of the entire planet pushing inwards onto it.
• If one happens to be inside the surface of the earth or the interior of the earth one would observe that it is made up of a series of layers that sit below the surface crust. One would observe that these layers include the solid but flowing mantle, the liquid outer core, and the solid iron outer core.
• The outer core has so much heat and pressure that the rocks have melted in the current years. The increased heat and pressure are great that the iron and its alloys have become solid in the inner core.
Rate this question :
Can we dig deep fMHB - Geography (New)
Imagine the earthMHB - Geography (New)
In which state ofMHB - Geography (New)
Are these materiaMHB - Geography (New)
How are igneous rMHB - Geography (New)
Which materials cMHB - Geography (New)
What is a volcanoMHB - Geography (New)
Draw neat diagramMHB - Geography (New)
Prepare a model oMHB - Geography (New)
Give geographicalMHB - Geography (New)