Imagine the earth’s interior and write 10-12 sentences on it.
Given below is the diagram of the interior of the earth which shows different layers inside the earth:
Structure of the earth:
1. The earth is believed to have a solid inner core made mostly of iron and nickel.
2. The diameter of the core is estimated to be 7000 km compared with a 12,700 km diameter of the entire planet.
3. The crust is only a few tens of kilometers thick.
4. The region between the core and the crust is called the mantle. It is composed mainly of solid materials of the earth.
5. The upper part of the crust and the mantle together are called lithosphere.
• One would experience a high pressure which is at the center of the earth and extremely high because of all of the weight of the entire planet pushing inwards onto it.
• If one happens to be inside the surface of the earth or the interior of the earth one would observe that it is made up of a series of layers that sit below the surface crust. One would observe that these layers include the solid but flowing mantle, the liquid outer core, and the solid iron outer core.
• The outer core has so much heat and pressure that the rocks have melted in the current years. The increased heat and pressure are great that the iron and its alloys have become solid in the inner core.
Rate this question :
Can we dig deep from one side of the earth and come out from the other side? Write your imaginations in your notebooks and discuss in class.MHB - Geography (New)
Imagine the earth’s interior and write 10-12 sentences on it.MHB - Geography (New)
In which state of matter are these materials?MHB - Geography (New)
Are these materials cool or hot? Why?MHB - Geography (New)
How are igneous rocks formed?MHB - Geography (New)
Which materials come out during a volcanic eruption?MHB - Geography (New)
What is a volcano?MHB - Geography (New)
Draw neat diagrams, label them and explain.
Magnetic pole and equator.MHB - Geography (New)
Prepare a model of the earth’s interior.MHB - Geography (New)