Q. 104.1( 8 Votes )
Imagine that you are giving a representation to a British Government Enquirycommittee. Write down the grievances of tenant farmers in the form of an appeal.
The grievances faced by the tenant farmers are :
1. Zamindars collects more revenue from them as rent, which is usually 3 to 7 times higher than land revenue.
2. The rights on the lands of cultivators are made insecured by the zamindars.
3. To pay the rent the tenants have to take loan from moneylenders and when unable to repay, the tenants are taken to courts and their lands get auctioned. In this way they looses their lands.
4. The peasants are forced to work on the personal lands of landlords, if they refuse the soldiers force them to do vetti ( work without wages).
5. The peasants are not allowed to work on their own field properly.
6. The peasants are also forced to supply ghee, vegetables, gur, straw, cow dung free of cost to the zamindars.
The above are problems faced by the tenants/peasants, that needs to be redressed soon.
Rate this question :
What kind of measures did the British take to improve agriculture? Did it have the desired impact? Give your reasons.AP - Social Studies
Make simple questions based on each section of the chapter and ask one another. Check if the answers are correct.AP - Social Studies
Imagine that you are giving a representation to a British Government Enquirycommittee. Write down the grievances of tenant farmers in the form of an appeal.AP - Social Studies
What role did the moneylenders play in the lives of the peasants? In what way do you think they were supported by the British government?AP - Social Studies
Why were famines caused under British rule? Do you think it was because of failure of rains or floods?AP - Social Studies
What were the similarities and differences between the Doras and the zamindars of Awadh?AP - Social Studies
How did the Ryotwari settlement also give rise to landlordism?AP - Social Studies
In what way can a government help to prevent famines even in times of crop failure?AP - Social Studies
Locate the following in the India map:
1. Ganjam 2. Awadh 3. Hyderabad 4. River Godavari
AP - Social Studies