Q. 35.0( 1 Vote )
The poet "Missed" is rich in images that gives us a feel of reality. It brings us closer to the idea that is being manifested in the poem. Other such examples of imagery in the poem are-
i) My flannels were spotless and gleaming
- This is an example of visual imagery. It gives us a view of clean uniform of the player/narrator which was shining bright in sunlight.
ii) The bee was droning its favorite song
- This is an auditory image as it triggers the sound of the bees buzzing its favorite songs within us.
iii) When, ah! horror! there soared through the air
- This is a visual imagery as it gives us the mental picture of the horror gliding through the air.
iv) A loud yell of ecstasy rang
- This again is as auditory image as we could feel the yell of ecstasy ringing throughout the crowd.
v) I tore with a wrench from my thatch
- This is an example of tactile (touch) imagery where we can feel the narrator pulling up his hair in regret.
Rate this question :