Q. 3 A5.0( 1 Vote )
Answer the follow
Landsides are a major natural disaster in India, causing massive damage to life and property in the country. The following areas are most prone to landslides:
• Very Highly Vulnerable areas: Himalayas, young mountains of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, high rainfall areas in Nilgiris and Western Ghats.
• Highly Vulnerable areas: Himalayan states and north-east India.
• Moderate to Low Vulnerable areas: Aravalis, Ladakh region of Himalayas, rain shadow areas of the Ghats.
• Restriction on developmental activities viz. construction of roads, dams etc.
• Limiting agriculture to valleys.
• Promoting afforestation of slopes
• Terrace farming should replace shifting cultivation in north-eastern Himalayas.
Rate this question :