Q. 144.6( 9 Votes )
Identify the cont
The contentious issues between China and India are-
• The major issue between India and China is territorial. China claims the ownership of Arunachal Pradesh and the Aksai Chin region of Ladakh in India. (There also occurred the 1962 conflict between India and China for the very same reason.)
• There were differences between the two countries when China took over Tibet in 1950 and India was against it.
• The indo-china conflict of 1962 further escalated the differences between the two countries.
Ways to resolve these issues for greater cooperation are-
• Both the countries should try and take steps to resolve the border dispute without any violence.
• They must better relations with each other by trying to know each other’s past, present, and culture and accordingly form their foreign policies.
• Recently, both countries have decided to cooperate with each other in areas that could otherwise create conflict between the two, like bidding for energy deals abroad. This is a great step taken by the countries to better the severed ties and should be continued.
• Both China and India have adopted similar policies in the international economic institution like the World Trade Organisation. This should help them to realise common goals and realise the fact that their economic cooperation would be of a large benefit to both their economies and would make the region very strong.
Rate this question :