Q. 374.2( 5 Votes )
“Ideas of liberty and democratic rights were the most important legacy of the French Revolution. Explain the statement in light of the French Revolution.
Yes, it is true that “Ideas of liberty and democratic rights were the most important legacy of the French Revolution”. It was because of the following reasons:
• The citizens of France protested against the growing power of the undemocratic rule of the king for example, by demolishing the Fortress prison, Bastille.
• They demanded the right to vote and the drafting of the constitution of 1791.
• Declaration of the rights of Man and Citizens provided the citizens of the country various rights such as Right to Life, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Opinion, Equality before Law and it was the responsibility of the state to protect these natural rights.
• When women were not given the right to vote and reduced to the position of the passive citizens, they demanded their rights.
• When the censorship was removed and the freedom of the press was granted, the books and newspapers began to publish and circulated which resulted in transferring of information about the events and the views to other places. This ultimately encouraged the other people to fight for their natural rights.
Rate this question :