Q. 195.0( 3 Votes )
i. Name the organ that produces sperms as well as secretes a hormone in human males. Name the hormone it secretes and write its functions.
ii. Name the parts of the human female reproductive system where fertilisation occurs.
iii. Explain how the developing embryo gets nourishment inside the mother’s body.
i. The organ that produces sperms as well as secretes a hormone is testis.
The hormone released by testis is testosterone.
Functions of testosterone:
• It is a male sex hormone.
• It helps in the formation of sperms which are male gametes.
• It brings changes in the males at the time of puberty.
• Changes like the growth of body hair, change in voice, enlargement of penis etc. are brought by the release of the hormone testosterone.
ii. The part of a human female reproductive system where fertilization occurs is a Fallopian tube.
• The female gamete egg is formed in the ovaries.
• The ovary releases an egg every month.
• This egg is transported in the fallopian tube where it meets with the male gamete ‘sperm’, and fertilization takes place.
Hence, fertilization takes place in the fallopian tube.
iii. The developing embryo gets nourishment from the mother body through special tissue called placenta.
• The placenta is a special connection of tissue formed between mother and the foetus.
• The placenta is a disc-like structure attached in the uterine wall from one side and the foetus body from another side.
• The food from the mother body is passed into the foetus through this placenta.
• The waste material that foetus develops is also removed by the foetus in the placenta n it reaches the mother and hence is excreted.
Rate this question :