Q. 175.0( 1 Vote )
(i) In the
• In SN1 reactions the most important criterion for a compound to undergo this type of reaction is the formation of carbocation and its stability of the cation .
• Among the given 2 compounds chlorocyclohexane and chloromethyl cyclohexane , the chlorocyclohexane due to the possibility of hyperconjugation of the electrons from the C-H double bond where that carbocation is located foms more stable carbocation which unlikely for hence chlorocyclohexane undergoes SN1 reactions in a much easier and faster way and is more suitable for elimination reactions due to unstability.
• Among the dihalobenzenes always the para isomers have the highest boiling points amongst the other isomers.
• The reason is the symmetry of the para or 1,4 dihalobenzens which unlikely in the case of ortho or meta dihalobenzenes. This symmetry of the para isomer fits in the crystal lattice better compared to other isomers.
• The correct increasing order of density of the haloalkanes is CH2Cl2>CHCl3> CCl4 .
• The reason behind this order is that, all of them has the same number ofm carbon atoms i.e. 2 but they differ in the number of halogen (Cl) atoms which is maximum in CCl4 and minimumin CH2Cl2 which justifies the order.
Rate this question :