Q. 225.0( 3 Votes )
How were the farm
The farmers were able to grow three different crops in a year in Palampur due to the following reasons:
• Farmers used a well-developed system of irrigation which enabled them to grow multiple crops.
• Electricity reached Palampur very early. With the help of electricity, farmers used modern machinery like tractors, harvesters etc. for farming.
• Farmers also used modern types of seeds, i.e. HYV seeds and chemical fertilizers for high yield.
• They were introduced to the technique of multiple cropping.
• People of Palampur had facilities for transporting goods to other towns and village with a good transportation system and well-developed roads.
Rate this question :