Q. 33.5( 6 Votes )
How was the histo
The ethnic group which comprised of people of different identities lived in the British Isles.
1. There was a mix of English, Welsh, Scot or Irish in the ethnic group.
2. These people had their own cultural and other political traditions and beliefs.
3. United Kingdom of Great Britain was formed because of The Act of Union of 1707 between England and Scotland.
4. Thus, England slowly began to influence Scotland.
5. English members occupied the majority in the British Parliament.
6. When Scotland began to lose its own cultural and political traditions, the Catholic clans who were living in the Scottish Highlands suffered a lot.
7. These Scottish Highlanders lost their freedom to the extent that they were not even allowed to speak their own language and wear their national dress.
8. Most of the people were even pushed out from their natives.
9. Ireland was divided between Catholics and Protestants.
10. The Protestants of Ireland were cleverly helped by the British to dominate the Catholics, and gradually Ireland became a part of the United Kingdom in the year 1801.
11. Thus, the inclusion of both Scotland and Ireland gave rise to a powerful nation called the British Nation.
12. The Union Jack (British flag) and God save our noble king (The British Anthem) were used as the symbols of the new British Nation.
Hence, it can be rightly said that the history of nationalism in Britain was unlike that of the rest of Europe.
Rate this question :