There are different types of mass media such as television, newspapers, films, magazines, radio, advertisements, video games and CDs. These technological inventions or media are known as ‘mass media’ because they reach out to the mass audience. It is also referred to as mass communications. Mass-media is a part of our everyday life in the following ways:
• Everywhere, when people wake up in the morning their first activity is to put on the radio, switch on the television, or read the morning newspaper.
• Even the children when they first wake up in the morning they use mobile phones to check their missed calls.
• In many urban centers, Plumbers, electricians, carpenters, painters and laundry use telephones or mobiles so that people could easily contact them.
• In cities, most of the shops have a television in their shop so that the customers who come could talk about the various topics being shown on television like about cricket or films.
• Through the internet or telephones, Indians in the abroad stay in touch with their friends and families back home.
• Even the migrant working class stay in touch with their families in the village through mobiles or telephones.
• CBSE board results also displayed on the internet and now in mobile phones.
Rate this question :