The manufacturing sector is the backbone of economic development of a country.
1. Manufacturing sector helps in the development of industries.
2. Industries help in generating employment right from skilled to the unskilled sector. This help in creating employment opportunities and eradication of poverty.
3. Many industries are set up in the tribal and backward areas thus removing the regional disparities.
4. Manufactured goods are exported to foreign countries thereby generating foreign income.
5. Industries help in boosting agricultural production. For example, fertilizer industries provide better fertilizers which result in high crop yield.
Thus, manufacturing industries help in developing a country’s economy.
Industrial development has resulted in the increase in pollution of air, water, land and noise. The following measures can be implemented to control industrial pollution:
1. Oil or gas can be used instead of coal in the factories. This will help in reducing smoke.
2. Fitting of silencers in generators and redesigning of machinery to increase energy efficiency will help in reducing noise pollution.
3. Smokestacks can be fitted to factories with electrostatic precipitators, fabric filters, scrubbers and inertial separators can help in the reduction of particulate matter in the air.
4. High chimneys can be used to reduce air pollution.
5. Promoting afforestation by planting many plants around the industrial areas.
6. Adopting methods of the wastewater recycling system.
The rapid growth in industries has contributed to the economic development of the country. At the same time, the rate of pollution caused affects the ecological balance.
Rate this question :