Q. 15.0( 2 Votes )
How is rainwater
In Rajasthan, the common method to harvest water is rooftop rainwater harvesting.
1. Rooftop rainwater harvesting refers to accumulating rainwater in the roof and later collecting it in the reservoirs.
2. The people of Rajasthan use rooftop to accumulate the rainwater.
3. The water of the first rainfall is used for cleaning the pipes and tanks. Thereafter, the subsequent rainwater is collected and used for daily purposes.
4. The tanks are constructed inside the houses and are connected to sloping roofs through pipes.
5. During summer, this collected water acts as a coolant and provides relief from scorching heat.
In Rajasthan, this water is used for drinking purpose and for other domestic purposes as well.
Rate this question :