● Broadly rainwater can be harvested for two purposes, storing rainwater for ready use in containers above or below ground and charging into the soil for withdrawal later.
● This is called ground water recharging.
● Landscapes, open fields, parks, roads and pavements and other open areas can be effectively used to harvest the runoff.
● The main advantage in using the ground as collecting surface is that water can be collected from a larger area.
● This is particularly advantageous in areas of low rainfall.
Rate this question :