Q. 94.7( 3 Votes )
How is land distr
Land is a very important factor in the production of crops. But the land was not equally distributed among all the farmers.
1. Approximately there were 450 families in Palampur.
2. One-third of the families, i.e. 150 families had no land of their own to cultivate. They were landless.
3. 240 families out of the remaining 300 families had very small fields less than 2 hectares in area. They could not fulfil all their needs through the cultivation of these small areas. To earn extra money, they had to work as farm labourers in the fields of large farmers.
4. More than half of the area of the village was covered by large fields which were owned by remaining 60 families. These large farmers had more than 2 hectares of land to cultivate.
5. A few of them even had more than 10 hectares of land.
This is how the land was distributed between the farmers of Palampur.
Rate this question :