Q. 114.5( 2 Votes )
How India can contribute to the spreading of production by an MNC?
Multi-National Corporations are large companies established in a particular country and has offices, markets and produces and sells its products in many countries. They try to integrate and control the production across countries where close markets, low labour and high profits are earned. Thus they can develop an easy market in developing countries like India which exhibit all these characteristics. They control the market to maintain their economic and social power and their marketing network. MNCs generally link the production across countries by three methods. It can be explained as-
• Produce jointly with local companies- MNCs may set up their production jointly with some local companies of the home country. This benefits the local companies in two ways. MNCs provide them with the monetary help they need by additional investment. They also provide them with the latest upgraded technology and equipment for production.
• Purchase local companies- This is the most common method through which MNCs expand their production. Because of the huge amount of wealth and assets they own, they can purchase the finest local companies. MNCs can purchase well-performing local companies and expand their production taking advantage of the local company’s reputation and name.
E.g. - An American MNC Cargill Foods had purchased an Indian company Parakh Foods that had a large marketing network and high reputation. Thus, Cargill Foods can expand its production.
• Place orders for products locally- MNCs may use this method to control the local production. MNCs may place orders for their commodities with the local producers of developing countries. This will reduce the cost of production and also reduce the risk of local competition. MNCs sell these products under their own brand name. MNCs have the authority to determine the price, quality, labour conditions and delivery of these products. It is commonly found in the garments, footwear and sports industries.
Rate this question :
Nearly all major multinational are American, Japanese or European, such as Nike, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Honda, and Nokia. Can you guess, why?Together With Social Science
Give some examples of industries in which MNCs have been interested.Together With Social Science
How do the local companies start to gain by setting up production jointly with the MNCs? Why do MNCs sometimes buy up local companies?Full Marks - Social Science
What is globalisation? Describe the role of Multinational Corporations (MNCs) in promoting globalisation process.Social Science - Board Papers
What is the meaning of ‘investment’?Social Science - Board Papers
Note: The following questions are for the visually impaired candidates only, in lieu of Q No. 30:
1. In which state is Ankleshwar oil field located?
2. In which state is Durgapur iron and steel plant located?
3. Name the southernmost major seaport of India.
On the given political outline map of India locate and label the following with appropriate symbols:
B. Durgapur—Iron and steel plant
C. Tuticorin—Major seaport
Three features A, B, and C are marked on the given political outline map of India. Identify these features with the help of the following information and write their correct names on the lines marked on the map:
A. The place where the Indian National Congress Session was held.
B. The place associated with the Peasant’s Satyagraha.
C. The city associated with the Jallianwala Bagh incident.
Social Science - Board Papers
Explain the role of multinational corporations in the globalization process.Social Science - Board Papers
How are local companies benefitted by collaborating with multinational companies? Explain with examples.Social Science - Board Papers