● The world had witnessed the transformation of cricket in the year 1970.
● An Australian television Tycoon Kerry packer had signed up 50 leading cricketers in the world for 2 years of unofficial test series and one-day internationals.
● This was called the World Series cricket.
● The colorful helmets and dresses of different teams became very popular.
● Since it was being covered by the television the audience had expanded to small towns and villages as well.
● Cricket boards earned money by selling television rights to a television company.
● The television channels also earn money by selling sports to companies for a large amount of money to air their commercial.
● The cricketers also became celebrities as they also became a participant in the advertisement for commercials. With the spread of the technology of satellite television, a global market was created for the sport of cricket which made it very popular.
Rate this question :