How has India ach
Indian Government is aiming at self-sufficiency in food grains since independence.
● After independence, the policy makers of India adopted all measures to ensure sufficiency in food grains.
● New strategy in agriculture was adopted resulting in Green Revolution.
● Initially there was a rise in wheat and followed by the increase in rice production.
● Still the production was quite disproportionate.
● Since then, India didn't face famine, not even during adverse weather conditions.
● Because of the variation of crops grown all over the country , India has become self-sufficient in food grains during the last 30 years.
● Further, the food grain availability in the country level has been ensured with a food security system which has been carefully designed by the government.
This is how the Indian Government has ensured food security and made sure that every household receives an adequate amount of food even in times of natural calamities.
Rate this question :