Q. 45.0( 3 Votes )
How does the Cons
The Constitution drafted by B.R. Ambedkar explicitly or implicitly adopted the values and qualities underlying the freedom struggle.
• The struggle for freedom was inclusive and participatory. People from all walks of life joined the movement and put forth their demands. Thus the idea of participative democracy emerged which India adopted as a form of political system.
• One of the demands of the freedom struggle was self-governance. Thus the Indian Constitution mentioned the word “Republic” to reflect this ideal.
• The freedom movement demanded rights for the Indian people. However, they were repeatedly denied by the British. The Constitution adopted by India granted 6 fundamental rights to every citizen.
• Gandhi was the main driver of decentralization and federalism in India. These principles later formed the part of the Indian Constitution.
• The freedom movement was based on equality. Rich, poor, peasants, industrialist all became a part of this movement. Thus after independence, the Constitution makers granted the right to equality as a fundamental right and also put a ban on untouchability so that there could be no discrimination on the basis of caste, class, gender, race, etc.
• Finally, in order to eliminate the social and economic inequality and injustices of colonial policies, the Indian state adopted directives to state policy to bring social change and development.
Thus, the Constitution reflected the political events of the time.
Rate this question :
How has the ConstAP Board - Social Studies
How does the ConsAP Board - Social Studies
What difference wAP Board - Social Studies
Correct the falseAP Board - Social Studies
While the ConstitAP Board - Social Studies
Describe the unitAP Board - Social Studies
Find the odd oneAP Board - Social Studies
Write a short notAP Board - Social Studies