How does mining adversely affect health and the environment?
Adverse effects of mining on health and environment:-
• Underground mining or deep mining causes huge amounts of rock and waste to be brought outside the surface. Waste pollutes the air and water and makes toxic.
• Very deep mining makes the surface of the earth lose and it often collapses and leads to the destruction of buildings and property.
• Coal mining produces greenhouse gas emissions.
• Radioactive mining makes the environment contaminated and causes serious damages in human beings.
• It increases the toxicity of the soil and makes it infertile.
• Pneumoconiosis is caused when miners breathe in coal dust and carbon which hardens the lungs.
• Cardiopulmonary disease, pulmonary disease, kidney disease, hypertension are common to the residents who live near mining areas.
Rate this question :
How does mining adversely affect health and the environment?Full Marks - Social Science
How is the mining activity injurious to the health of the miners and environment? Explain.Social Science - Board Papers