Q. 265.0( 1 Vote )
How does democrac
1. In a Democracy, people have the right to choose their representatives and exercise control over them. They have the right to participate in the process of decision making that affects them all. A democratic form of governance, thus, produces a government that is accountable and responsive to the needs of its citizens.
2. Democracy allows a room for discussion, which may delay the process of implementation, but in the long run, serves as a healthy and productive way of decision making. Therefore, one can undoubtedly say that the cost of time that democracy pays is perhaps worth the effort.
3. Democracy also ensures that decision making is based on a set of norms and procedures. Therefore, in case, a citizen wishes to know if a decision was taken through correct and unbiased procedures, he/she has the opportunity to discover and find it out by examining the procedure in detail, thus, ensuring transparency.
4. Democratic government stands at a much better position than its alternatives because it is a legitimate government which solely reflects the will and aspirations of the people in a society. It is the people’s own government i.e. people enjoy the freedom of choosing their representatives.
5. Democracies across the globe have been successful to a great extent in accommodating social diversities. No society can fully and permanently resolve conflicts among different groups. But democracies provide the opportunity to develop respect for these differences and evolve mechanisms for negotiation. For example – Belgium has been successful in negotiating differences among its ethnic population.
NOTE - Democracy, in its true spirit, has emerged as the most progressive form of governance which is constantly concerned with the betterment and well-being of the members of a society. This has been ensured by the representatives of the people at various levels of the government, who have time and again responded to the needs of the people effectively.
Rate this question :