Q. 145.0( 3 Votes )
How do you verify the 2nd law of reflection of light with an experiment? (AS3)
Second law : The incident ray, reflected ray and the normal at the point of incidence are in the same plane. This plane is called the plane of incidence.
Objective: To prove second law of reflection
Required Materials: mirror strip, soft board, white paper, protractor, pencil, pins, Ruler
1. Pin the white sheet of paper on the drawing board. Place the plane mirror on it and trace its outline on the paper.
2. Draw a line perpendicular to the edge of the mirror so that it can act as a normal.
3. Now place the mirror again on the outline. The normal will be reflected clearly on the mirror.
4. Place two pins in a straight line on one side of the normal on the white sheet of paper.
5. Place two pins on the other side of the normal in such a way that these two pins are in a straight line with the reflection of the two pins on the other side of the normal.
6. Now remove the mirror and the pins and join the pin marks to the normal.
7. If we consider one line as incident ray & other as reflected ray then we conclude that the incident ray, the reflected ray & the normal all lie on the same plane.
Rate this question :
Find the plane of the reflection experimentally for the incident ray which passes through the heads of the pins pierced in front of the mirror. (AS3)AP - Physics & Chemistry
How do you verify the 2nd law of reflection of light with an experiment? (AS3)AP - Physics & Chemistry
State the laws of reflection of light. (AS1)AP - Physics & Chemistry
How do you verify the 1st law of reflection of light with an experiment? (AS3)AP - Physics & Chemistry