Pressure groups and movements exert influence on politics by:
1. They try to get public support and sympathy for their cause and activity by filing petitions, organizing campaigns and meetings etc.
2. They appeal through media like social networks and news channels to gain more support for the issues.
3. They go on strikes and other protest activities to disrupt government activities or public order. Employees associations and organizations like that often do these to force the government to accept their demand.
4. Business groups often hire professional lobbyists or sponsor advertisements.
5. Some people from these groups and movements also become a part of the committees or official bodies that advice the government on the policy to be taken.
Explanation: Pressure groups and movements exert influence on politics in various ways to force the government to comply their wishes. They do so by garnering more support from the people and organizing protest against the government.
Rate this question :