Q. 84.5( 13 Votes )
How did women organize themselves to seek political equality and how far did they succeed?
Women organized themselves to seek political equality-
• They formed their own political associations.
• They founded newspapers and took part in political meetings and demonstrations.
• However, they still did not have the right to vote.
• They couldn’t enter in the Frankfurt parliament as representatives.
• They only had a right to attend the parliament as observers.
They succeeded –
• European countries like France and Spain women had to struggle a lot to gained suffrage.
• In 1880s French women could elect and be elected in local educational and welfare councils.
• After World War II they got the voting rights.
• Norway with strong movement gained political equality in 1830.
• Spain got the right to vote in 1931.
• In some countries women’s organization, allied to radicals political parties made possible legal reforms like- Married Women property act 1882 in England.
In 1880s French women could elect and be elected in local educational and welfare councils.
Rate this question :
Explain any three beliefs of the conservatism that emerged after 1815.
What does Universal Adult Suffrage stand for?Social Science - Board Papers
Who, among the following, hosted the Congress at Vienna in 1815?Social Science - Board Papers
What decisions were taken at the Congress of Vienna?Together With Social Science
What was the main aim of revolutionaries of Europe during the years following 1815?
Through a focus on any three countries, explain how nations developed over the nineteenth century.NCERT - India and the Contemporary World-II