Q. 85.0( 1 Vote )
How did Partition affect the lives of ordinary people? What was the political response to mass migration following Partition?
These are the effects of partition in India:
1) The partition displaced over 14 million people
2) Numerous refugee camps
3) Large-scale violence
4) 1.26 million Muslims were missing
5) 50,000 women abducted in riots
6) The death toll was from 200000 to 2 million.
These are the political response to mass migration following partition:
1) Gandhiji stood with the victims of partition and helped them in camps and hospitals
2) The Congress party passed the resolution on “ the rights of minorities”
3) The Hindu organizations were satisfied with the decision of partition
4) In 1947 the league became Pakistan’s dominant political party. In that year it was renamed the All Pakistan Muslim League.
Rate this question :
How were workers and peasants mobilized during the last years of freedom struggle?Telangana Board - Social Science
Integration of various princely states into the new Indian nation was a challenging task. Discuss.Telangana Board - Social Science
What were the different ways in which religion was used in politics before Partition?Telangana Board - Social Science
How did Partition affect the lives of ordinary people? What was the political response to mass migration following Partition?Telangana Board - Social Science
Which qualities do you like in Subhash Chandra Bose? Why.Telangana Board - Social Science
How did British colonialists practice their ‘divide and rule’ policy in India? How was it similar or different from what you have studied about Nigeria?Telangana Board - Social Science
What were the different ways in which power sharing among different communities was organized before Partition?Telangana Board - Social Science
Given the brutal manner in which particular communities like Jews and others were treated many, do you think it would have been morally right to support Germany or Japan?Telangana Board - Social Science
Make a list of various reasons for the Partition of the country.Telangana Board - Social Science
Locate the following in the political map of India.
a) Kashmir b) Hyderabad c) Junagarh
d) Bengal e) TelanganaTelangana Board - Social Science