Q. 215.0( 2 Votes )
How did Fra
(1) French troops landed in Vietnam in 1858 and by mid-1880 they had established a firm grip over the northern region.
(2) After the French-Chinese war, the French assumed the control of Tonkin and Annam. In 1887, French Indo-China was formed.
(3) In the following decades the French sought to consolidate their position by building canals and draining lands in the Mekong delta to increase cultivation.
(4) Trans Indo-China rail network was constructed.
(5) Civilizing Mission was started to make Vietnamese modern.
(6) For this, French systematically dismantled the traditional educational system and started their own schools. With these measures French established and consolidated their rule in Vietnam.
Rate this question :