Q. 65.0( 1 Vote )
How did different
Bengal was partitioned into two by the then British viceroy, Lord Curzon in the year 1905.
1. There was nationwide aggression because of the division of Bengal.
2. The British asserted that the division of Bengal was done for an efficient administration.
3. The province of Bengal was divided into East Bengal and West Bengal.
4. East Bengal comprised of Assam and Chittagong and the majority of the people were Muslims.
5. The other parts of Bengal were called as West Bengal where Hindus formed the majority of the population.
6. The partition of Bengal was felt like the strategy to split up the unity among the people of that province.
7. There were protests everywhere, and people marched up to the Ganges.
8. The agitation of people against the partition of Bengal gave rise to the Swadeshi movement.
9. The protests were led by both the extremist and moderate leaders.
10. The partition of Bengal led to the unity of all classes of people than before.
11. It triggered all nationalist movements like Swadeshi movement and boycott of foreign goods.
12. Rabindranath Tagore, the great poet, suggested that the day of partition, 16th October 1905 shall be observed as the day of unity and solidarity of the people.
Thus, the opposition to the partition of Bengal strengthened the nationalist movement in India.
Rate this question :
How was the senseSocial Science - Board Papers