Q. 14.2( 5 Votes )
How did Cho
Chola’s rise to power:
1. Vijayalaya was the founder of the Chola dynasty. The chiefly family came from Uraiyur.
2. He defeated the Muttaraiyar family in the ninth century and took over Kaveri delta.
3. He built the famous town of Thanjavur and a temple dedicated to Goddess Nishumbhasudini.
4. The kingdom grew in terms of territory power as his successors started conquering the neighbouring areas.
5. Eventually, the kingdom included many parts of Pallava and Pandyan territories.
Rate this question :