Q. 143.5( 19 Votes )
How can you help reduce air pollution at the individual level?
Pollution is not a distant phenomenon anymore. It is affecting the quality of our day to day lives. We must realize our responsibility and should start using the following environment- friendly processes:
● We should switch to cleaner fuels like CNG- Compressed natural gas and LPG- Liquified petroleum gas for both industries and automobiles.
● Automobiles should also use unleaded petrol.
● We should plant more trees which will help to control deforestation.
● Industrial waste should be treated for harmful chemicals before discharging into air the water bodies.
● We must switch to alternative fuels instead of fossil fuels. Alternative sources of energy can be solar energy, hydropower and wind energy.
● We must encourage the use a public transport, a bicycle or walking for short distances. This will help to reduce the use of fossil fuels.
● Burning of plant waste also causes pollution by the emission of smoke. Plant waste must be put in a compost rather than burning.
Rate this question :
How can you help reduce air pollution at the individual level?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
State any two ways of controlling air pollution;Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Science
Van Mahotsav has been an important step in controlling deforestation. When did Van Mahotsav start?All in One - Science
Air pollution can be prevented by adopting which measures.All in One - Science