Q. 204.8( 5 Votes )
How can you find the center of gravity of an India map made of steel? Explain.
The map of India is irregular in shape its center of gravity can be found out in following way
1. Take the map and make three holes along its edge.
2. Suspend the map freely from one hole by using the thread as shown in the figure below.
3. Take a plumb bob and suspend it from the same hole.
4. Draw a line along the thread. It indicates the line of weight at that point. As shown in the figure below.
5. Repeat the same from remaining holes and draw other two lines of weight.
6. The concurrent point of the three lines is the Center of gravity of the map.
Rate this question :
Where does the center of gravity of the atmosphere of the earth lie?AP - Physics & Chemistry
Explain some situations where the center of gravity of man lies outside the body.AP - Physics & Chemistry
Where does the center of gravity lie, when a boy is doing sit-ups? Does weight vector pass through the base or move away from the base? Explain.AP - Physics & Chemistry
How can you find the center of gravity of an India map made of steel? Explain.AP - Physics & Chemistry