Q. 145.0( 2 Votes )
How can we say th
The Election Commission (EC) is a constitutional body under Article 324 of the Constitution. It consists of a Chief Election Commissioner and two Election Commissioners. The elections in our country are conducted by this independent body in a free and fair manner.
• The Commission decides the territorial areas of the electoral constituencies throughout the country.
• It periodically revises the electoral rolls and registers all the eligible voters.
• It grants recognition to the political parties.
• It supervises the machinery of the elections throughout the country to ensure free and fair election.
• The EC takes every decision related to the elections, from announcement to the declaration of the results.
• It punishes the candidates or party if they violate the norms.
• Ec may order the government to follow guidelines to prevent misuse of powers.
The officers working on election duty are answerable to the EC and not the government.
Rate this question :