Q. 194.0( 10 Votes )
How can employment opportunities be created in rural areas?
The causes of rural unemployment include lack of education, less industrialisation, lack of opportunities, lack of infrastructure, etc. Employment opportunities can be created in the following manner:
1. Constructing news canals and dams to improve employment opportunities in the agriculture sector.
2. Improvement in storage and transportation facilities.
3. Loans should be provided to small farmers for irrigation facilities, etc.
4. More schools should be opened to improve educational facilities.
5. Health services should be improved by opening dispensaries and Primary Healthcare Centres.
6. Tourism, handicraft products, Information Technology services should be improved.
Rate this question :
Name two vulnerable groups in urban goods?Together With Social Science
Workers in unorganised sectors are often exploited and not paid a fair wage. Their jobs are not secure. How is the organised sector better than unorganised sector? What are hindered in the unorganised sector?Together With Social Science
Why is cheap and affordable credit important for the country’s development? Explain
any three reasons.Social Science - Board Papers
Distinguish the service conditions of the organized sector with that of the unorganized sector.Social Science - Board Papers
Choose the correct answer:
Underemployment occurs when people:NCERT - Understanding Economic Development
The table below shows the estimated number of workers in India in the organized and unorganized sectors. Read the table carefully. Fill in the missing data and answer the questions that follow.
● What is the percentage of people in the unorganized sector in agriculture?
● Do you agree that agriculture is an unorganized sector activity? Why?
● If we look at the country as a whole, we find that…..of the workers in India are in the unorganized sector. Organized sector employment is available to only about…..of the workers in India.NCERT - Understanding Economic Development