Q. 53.7( 13 Votes )
How are the human actions causing the death of useful bacteria and fungi? What will happen if it continuous?
With our day to day activities we are causing harm to useful bacteria and fungi in different ways which are as follows:
● Nowadays there is a great increase in the use of pesticides and fertilizers and farmers are using them in a blind manner without thinking of the fact that how much adverse effect they are causing. Fertilizers kill the microorganisms present in soil which play important role in improving soil fertility.
● Great use of pesticides along with killing pests is killing microorganisms.
● With the increasing industrialization, we dump the industrial wastes in different water sources or in land pits. But this processes of dumping wastes by disturbing the complete soil structure and leaching of harmful chemicals in water sources causes killing of microbial diversity which along with benefitting humans are also beneficial to different life forms present in soil and water sources.
If this process will continue mankind have to pay the great cost for it.
● The killing of various bacteria of soil lead to a decrement in soil fertility and thus we were not able to grow various crops.
● Our plants will also suffer from lack of nutrients as various microorganisms form a symbiotic association with the plants and provide essential nutrients to them.
● Since we are killing the bacteria and fungi which act as decomposers, the absence of them will lead to a huge amount of organic waste accumulating everywhere.
● Being a part of the ecosystem they also contribute to various nutrient cycles of the earth like nitrogen cycle by causing nitrogen fixation, carbon cycle. The killing of them will also disturb the ecosystem.
So, looking at the beneficial part of microorganism and harmful impact that we will have due to their extinction, we should always avoid those actions which cause killing of microbial diversity.
Rate this question :