Q. 155.0( 2 Votes )
How are por
Ports are extremely helpful for trade. Its importance is highlighted in the following points :
● People from one part of the world travel to another part of the world through ports.
● Ports are helpful for the movement of cargo among different parts of the world.
● It also provides facilities such as loading, unloading, storage etc for the cargoes
● It is also an important point of location for international trade.
The classification of ports on the basis of their location are mentioned below:
● Inland port: These ports are located away from the seacoast. They are linked to a sea through a river or a canal. For example, Kolkatta is located in the river Hoogli, which is a part of river Ganga,
● Outer port: these are ports built away from the actual ports. They receive those shops which are unable to reach the main port
Rate this question :
‘‘Every January aGeography - Board Papers
Explain the ‘voluGeography - Board Papers
State the major pGeography - Board Papers
Explain one reasoGeography - Board Papers
“The Suez and theGeography - Board Papers
How the favourablGeography - Board Papers
Assess the aspectGeography - Board Papers