Baculoviruses are pathogens that attack insects and other arthropods.
Baculovirus as bio-controls gents:
• These are excellent candidates for species-specific, which have to be mixed with water and sprayed onto vulnerable plants.
• they show no negative impact on plants, mammals, birds, fish or even non-target insects.
• These are especially desirable when beneficial insects are being conserved to aid in an overall IPM program( Integrated pest management)
Bacillus thuringiensis as bio-control agents:
• Through genetic engineering the gene coding for the toxic protein is introduced into crop plants, which make them resistant to insect pests.
• They re available in sachets and dried spores, which have to be mixed with water and sprayed onto the vulnerable plants.
• Who they are eaten by larva , the toxin becomes active in the gut of larvae and kills the larvae.
Rate this question :