The circumstances that gave birth to NIEO were:
1. The NAM countries were just a mediator in the cold war.
2. Most of the member countries were least developed and were in need to be developed economically.
3. Sustainability was major demand of these nations because without it, these would not be truly free.
The idea of a New International Economic Order (NIEO) originated with this realization.
NIEO weakened because:
1. Stiff opposition from the developed nations who acted as a united group.
2. the non-aligned countries struggled to maintain their unity in the face of this opposition.
Rate this question :