The acts of dissent and resistance to the Emergency imposed in 1975 were:
1. Many political leaders who were not arrested organized protests secretly against the government.
2. Some newspapers like Indian Express protested against the censorship that was put by government.
3. Many magazines like the seminar chose to close down.
4. Many letters and leaflets were published despite censorship.
5. Many awardee returned their awards, like Shivaram Kranth returned Padma Bhusan, retrned his award.
The affect of these acts upon people were:
1. After the declaration of emergency the urban middle class were happy as the agitations came to an end and discipline was enforced.
2. The poor and rural people were expecting the effective implementation of welfare programe that were promised by the government
Rate this question :