Consequences of partition of India are as follows:
The year 1947 was the year of one of the largest, most abrupt, unplanned and tragic transfer of population that human history has known.
1. There were killings and atrocities on both sides of the border. There were killing sin the name of religion.
2. Amritsar, Lahore, Kolkata turned into communal zones.
3. Muslims would avoid going into an area where mainly Hindus or Sikhs lived; similarly, the Hindus and Sikhs stayed away from areas of Muslim predominance.
4. Muslims were forced to abandon their homes and move across border.
5. Women and poor’s faced the major atrocities. Women were killed raped and poor’s fled from their homes and turned into refugees.
Rate this question :