Q. 165.0( 2 Votes )
Graphite cannot be classified as __________.
A. conducting solid
B. network solid
C. covalent solid
D. ionic solid
• Graphite cannot be classified as an ionic solid because it does not have the characteristic of an ionic solid-
• it does not have ions as constituent particles rather neutral C atoms.
• Even in water, it does not form any sort of ions for conductivity.
• Whereas, graphite belongs to the classes (i) conducting solid (having multiple-layered structures and 3 fold bonding it is left with free electrons for conduction.
• (ii) network solid (carbon atoms are covalently bonded and form network type crystalline structure) and
• (iii) covalent solid ( constituent C atoms are covalently bonded with each other in multiple layers).
Rate this question :
Due to hectic and busy schedule, Mr. Angad made his life full of tensions and anxiety. He started taking sleeping pills to overcome the depression without consulting the doctor. Mr. Deepak, a close friend of Mr. Angad, advised him to stop taking sleeping pills and suggested to change his lifestyle by doing Yoga, meditation and some physical exercise. Mr. Angad followed his friend’s advice and after few days he started feeling better.
After reading the above passage, answer the following:
(i) What are the values (at least two) displayed by Mr. Deepak?
(ii) Why is it not advisable to take sleeping pills without consulting doctor?
(iii) What are tranquilizers? Give two examples.Chemistry - Board Papers
Graphite cannot be classified as __________.Chemistry - Exemplar
Which of the following cannot be regarded as molecular solid?Chemistry - Exemplar
Which of the following is a network solid?Chemistry - Exemplar
A compound is formed by two elements M and N. The element N forms ccp and atoms of M occupy 1/3rd of tetrahedral voids. What is the formula of the compound?NCERT - Chemistry Part-I
A compound forms hexagonal close-packed structure. What is the total number of voids in 0.5 mol of it? How many of these are tetrahedral voids?NCERT - Chemistry Part-I
What is the two dimensional coordination number of a molecule in square close-packed layer?NCERT - Chemistry Part-I
How can you determine the atomic mass of an unknown metal if you know its density and the dimension of its unit cell? Explain.NCERT - Chemistry Part-I
Ionic solids are hard and brittle.NCERT - Chemistry Part-I