Given merits and demerits of fish culture.
Fish culture merits.
1. Economically important desired fishes are made available.
2. A large number of fishes are raised in a small area.
3. Fishes are made to breed in different seasons.
4. There is a little mortality in the younger stages of the fishes.
5. Through selective hybridization, yield and quality of fishes are improved.
Fish culture demerits.
1. Only some selected high yielding and economically important breeds are reared.
2.Fish culture is a threat to biodiversity, since other forms of aquatic organisms are being ignored. Even natural waters are being seeded with economically important fishes; this too is affecting the natural biodiversity of the water bodies.
Rate this question :
Give one example each of kharif and rabi crops.Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
Cattle husbandry is done for the following purposes
(i) Milk Production (ii) Agricultural work
(iii) Meat production (iv) Egg productionNCERT Science - Exemplar
Name one bacteria and one viral disease of poultry respectively.Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology
What is artificial insemination? Give its uses.Dr. P.S. Verma & Dr. V.K. Agarwal - Biology