Q. 55.0( 4 Votes )
Give the scientific names of tiger, peacock, ant, neem, lotus, and potato?
Tiger- Panthera tigris
Peacock- Pavo cristatus
Neem- Azadirachta indica
Lotus- Nelumbo nucifera
Potato- Solanum tuberosum
• The scientific name gives the benefit of correct identification. The local and common names of different species are different depending on locality, culture as well as language.
• For example; a tiger in Hindi is called bagh, in malayam it is katuva and in urdu it is cheetah.
• So if each one has to talk about tiger, in their own language, it will cause chaos and confusion.
• Hence, the scientific names clear this confusion.
• In whichever part of the world we go, a tiger’s scientific name will remain same that is Panthera tigris.
Rate this question :
Which statement is true for a dominant allele?All In One Science
A recessive homozygote is crossed with a heterozygote of the same gene. What will be the phenotype of the F 1 -generation?All In One Science
What determines the sex of a child?All In One Science
The genotype of the height of an organism is written as Tt. What conclusion may be drawn?All In One Science
Which statement about the genotypes of organisms is correct?All In One Science
In the second generation, the dwarf trait reappears during Mendel’s experiment in monohybrid cross. Why so?All In One Science
A man with blood group B marries a woman with blood group O, and their daughter has blood group O. Is this information sufficient to tell you which of the traits, i.e., blood group B or O is dominant? Why or why not?Xam idea - Science
The genotype of green-stemmed tomato plants is denoted as GG and that of purple-stemmed tomato plants as gg. When these two are crossed,
i. What colour of stem would you expect in their F1 progeny?
ii. Give the percentage of purple-stemmed plants if F1 plants are self-pollinated.
iii. In what ratio would you find the genotypes GG and Gg in the F2 progeny?Xam idea - Science