Q. 55.0( 4 Votes )
Tiger- Panthera tigris
Peacock- Pavo cristatus
Neem- Azadirachta indica
Lotus- Nelumbo nucifera
Potato- Solanum tuberosum
• The scientific name gives the benefit of correct identification. The local and common names of different species are different depending on locality, culture as well as language.
• For example; a tiger in Hindi is called bagh, in malayam it is katuva and in urdu it is cheetah.
• So if each one has to talk about tiger, in their own language, it will cause chaos and confusion.
• Hence, the scientific names clear this confusion.
• In whichever part of the world we go, a tiger’s scientific name will remain same that is Panthera tigris.
Rate this question :