• The boiling point of NH3 is greater than that of PH3 because of the presence of hydrogen bonding in ammonia.
• Unlike NH3, the atoms in PH3 molecule is not associated through hydrogen bonding in the liquid state.
• Thus, the boiling point of NH3 is higher than that of PH3.
• The bond dissociation energy of H2Te is lesser compared to that of H2S. This is because of the strong bonds between hydrogen and sulphur which hold the molecule together.
• Thus, lesser energy is required to break H2Te and release H+ ions and hence the acidity of H2Te is higher than H2S.
• Chlorine water has a characteristic yellow colour. But upon standing it loses this colour because it gets converted into Hypochlorous acid and Hydrochloric acid on exposure to sunlight.
• This process is given by the following equation
Cl2 + H2O HOCl(aq) + HCl(aq)
Rate this question :