Example of biofortified crops are:
• Maize hybrid (It has twice the amount of amino acids, lysine and tryptophan.)
• Atlas 66, a wheat hybrid (It has high protein content.)
• Iron fortified rice (It has iron over five times more than the normal rice) etc
Benefits of biofotified crops:
1. These have high nutrient quantity.
2. It can be used to controlled malnutrition and other lifestyle disease.
3. These crops contain nutrients over five times more than present in the normal crops. Hence, they are nutritionally good.
Rate this question :