Q. 15.0( 2 Votes )
Give examples of Thallophyta.
Thallophyta are the lowermost plants of the plant kingdom, without a well-differentiated body design. This means that the plant body is not differentiated as roots, stem, and leaves. This comprises of plants which have either the single-celled sex organs or many celled sex organs which stimulate the gametes which are now known as a heterogeneous assemblage.
The examples of Thallophyta are:
• Algae: This is a non-flowering plant and includes the seaweed, this is a single celled form.
• Ulothrix: This is also a form of algae which is found in fresh or marine water, its cells are as broad as they are longer in size.
• Chara: They belong to the family of Characeae and is green algae too, this resembles the plants which are on land because of its structure; which are leaf-like, they are multi-celled.
• Fungi: Fungi is the short form of fungus they consist of microorganisms such as yeast and mushrooms, they are mostly related to animals, this can be single celled or very complex multicellular organisms.
• Lichens: This arises from algae or multiple fungi and this is not a single-celled organism.
Rate this question :